Thursday, July 31, 2008

Banishment

Yesterday morning I got up at 6:30, like always. I turn on my computer and log onto the internet. Like every morning for the last 4 years, I read LS's morning email to me. I email her before I go to bed, she emails me in her morning. Like every morning, I peruse my fave cross stitch forums. The first one has a post, PLEASE READ, URGENT, or some such nonsense. I read it......apparently it's a trap. I go to a few more threads, and move to the next forum. A message pops into my inbox. YOU'VE BEEN BANNED: REASON, HARASSMENT. WTF?! I'm still not sure what it was all about. I've been a loyal member of this forum for 4 years, although at times they didn't deserve it. I've watched, with predicable regularity various dramas unfold. I know the drill. True to form, there's been another one for a few days and it was decided because of when I was on the forum, and who was listed on my friends list of the social networking site this forum resides on, I was a threat. Thus, I was banned.

I get this lame-assed excuse about the action from the forum owner and reply, politely, that this is bull-shit. I never asked to be un-banned, but a bit later, another message, I've been 'forgiven'. I'm not playing this game. Actually, the message went something like here's an apology, take it or not.

I wait till I come home, but in the mean while decide what to do. I carry out my decision, compose an email to the person who owns this forum, delete my membership and hit the send button. I can't believe myself and a whole raft of good people were just dismissed in the manner we were.

It just goes to prove, some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed.


No comments: