Sunday, January 17, 2010

PJ Stitch a long Day

Now, what can be better than a Sunday spent in one's PJ's. A hot cup of fresh coffee sitting next to you. One huge cross stitch project in hand and some movies on the DVD player. That's my idea of a good day. OK, I admit I put on clothes long enough to get groceries this morning. I can't resist Sunday mornings for shopping. I usually have the whole store to myself and there are no lines at checkout.

It's been a crazy month so far for me. Once the new year starts, this accountant is so busy at work for the next month that I hardly can remember my name. Once all the January deadlines are met, it's not to bad for me. The others in my office are a different matter though. I'm not complaining. I have a good job and I'm more than grateful for it, even if poor Little Sis has a grumpy Big Sis to talk to every evening on the phone.

Stitching time has been slight so far, I admit. This weekend I'm trying to make up for it. Other stitchers I know understand, if I don't stitch for a few days I even crabbier and anxious. I'm not sure what it is about needlework that keeps me grounded, but it does.

To that end, there's a project I've been working on for over 2 years now. It's finally finished! Anyone that knows me knows I don't have a big list of WIP projects. If I have 2 going at once it's a lot for me. This one really has been bugging me because it's not the most enjoyable one to stitch, but it is just stunning. So, without further ado, here's Pompeji Garden by Chatelaine!

I've taken it to the framer's already, since there was a 20% off coupon. I found the most perfect frame, and when I get the whole thing back, I'll post pics etc.

1 comment:

Branlaadee said...

Sheri, it looks awsome! I cant wait to see it all framed.

What are you going to start next?